Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

Lots of Hearts


I have another card to show you which I am entering for this weeks Simply Stampin’ Sketch challenge, using a stamp from Perfect Postage, a new stamp set available from the Spring Mini catalogue. One of the many advantages of being a Stampin’Up! Demonstrator is that you get to earn incentives and this set was one which I received. I will be honest with you and say that, until the other day, this set had not even seen an ink pad but I thought this set lent itself perfectly to the challenge for this week.
Here I have used the heart stamp, stamped in Real Red, and cut out by hand. The set does have a co-ordinating Postage Stamp punch to go with it but, as yet, I haven’t got this so scissors it is! I layered these onto Basic Black, punched with the large square punch, and then positioned them on a piece of Real Red cardstock which had been matted onto Basic Black and tied a knot of  Satin Ribbon around before mounting onto a white card blank. I didn’t have a suitable sentiment small enough to go into the heart so I used two different stamps and coloured the words ‘love’ and ‘you’ with a marker using the masking technique and my Stamp-a-ma-Jig.
Come back tomorrow to see a second card made with another stamp from this set.
Unfortunately my cold (and particularly my head) is no better so I am off work today. Why is it that I moan about having to go but I do hate being off?  It’s very rare that I am off sick so, when I am, they know it’s genuine but I always feel SO guilty!!

8 comments:

  1. Very striking card Margaret. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Margaret lovely for Valentines or Anniversary

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like a layout with lots of squares! You sound quite poorly Margaret, I do hope you feel better soon. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, but if you create beauties like this when you are poorly them dare I say it's worth it?! For some reason when I see the squares further up the card like this it makes me think of a panelled front door?
    I'm always a fan of a black, white and red combo!
    Thanks for joining us again at the Simply Stampin challenge!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - the postage punch is on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is SO striking Margaret, very dramatic with that black, white and red combo. I really like how you've made a tall card with this sketch - fabulous! The rhinestones add such a sophisticated touch too.

    Hope you soon feel better and thanks for playing along again at Simply Stampin' and come and see us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Margaret.Really like the colour combination .Hope you feel better soon.
    Margaret J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, I actually need a valentines card idea and this has inspired me! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin Challenge, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...